kanguru micro cf

Hi all.

I have a kanguru micro cf drive and I can access the cf card when attached
using /dev/sda1. I cannot access the internal flash of the reader (mine has
32MB on board) using FC3. I used to be able to access the internal flash
as /dev/sda when I was running FC1, but not in FC2 and 3. Is there something
I can activate in the kernel or a module to install to make the kernel look
into the internal rom?

When I plug in the device without a cf card in, dmesg says

usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using address 5
  Vendor: USB CARD  Model: READER            Rev: 0.20
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi3, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
USB Mass Storage device found at 5
Device not ready.  Make sure there is a disc in the drive.

thanks,

Eric