Intel Pro 2200BG wireless + WPA-SPK issue?

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Mon Dec 20 07:24:19 UTC 2004

Madhan Premkumar schrieb:
[snip]
> But that is without security, ie
> router is open to all. But when i set my router to WPA-SPK security, I
> could not connect thereafter. I dont know whether Intel pro 2200BG driver
> support WPA-SPK or not.
[/snip]

Hi Madhan,

I have the same issue using a D-Link DWL-G650+ with ndiswrapper. This
works quite well, except two issues:

- freezing (think is because of 4-k-stack)
this is resolvable with some kernels using the 16-k-stack from linuxant

- WPA
as this d-link-thing never wanted to work well with my barricade under
wep, i used wpa - this works well under windows. in conjunction with
linux/ndiswrapper (or perhaps even your card) i installed the
wpa/wpa2/ieee802.1x-supplicant from here:
http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/

so, all i had to do is installing ndiswrapper (my card has been
recognized on boot-up *yipieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*), installing ndiswrapper
and the supplicant.

All you have to do in the supplicant-config is creating a file called
.config, containing:

CONFIG_DRIVER_NDISWRAPPER=y

and then do make. copy the executables whereever you want (...and
whereever you gonna find them again...)

afterwards, create (e.g. in /etc/ a file for your wpa-config), the name
doesn't matter, and i have the following content:

network={
	ssid="home"
	scan_ssid=1
	key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
	psk="very secret passphrase"
}

shouldn't be a problem, as i just use wpa-psk on my smc 2804wbpr-g
barricade...

but it doesn't yet work, i let you know, when i get it working.. ;-)

Just wrote this, that you perhaps get an idea...

Roger