Kernel Source FC3 2.6.9-681smp

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Dec 20 13:35:17 UTC 2004

Marcos Fedora Brazil wrote:
> ok, the sounds works with alsa support, but I want 5.1 channel sound system,
> and this onboard sound card is able to this, in Windows XP works good!

The source on the website just looks to be ALSA so I doubt it would be any
different to what you already have. Perhaps someone with the same hardware
could confirm that?

> I have downloaded the source
> http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/wlan/full/archive/fc3/kernel-2.6.9-1.681_FC3.stk16.src.rpm.zip
> but when I run: rpm -ivh kernel-2.6.9-1.681_FC3.stk16.src.rpm
> it not install!!!! just verify the package, but I can't find it in my system

It's not in /usr/src/linux.

Go to /usr/src/redhat/SPECS and you should find a kernel.spec file (or
something similarly named). If you do "rpmbuild -bp kernel.spec", the kernel
source will be unpacked and patched in directory /usr/src/redhat/BUILD.

Alternatively, as a non-root user you can do this following the instructions
in the reference I gave you earlier:

http://crab-lab.zool.ohiou.edu/kevin/kernel-compilation-tutorial-en/

Paul.