Graphic interface considerations

soraberri 421246 at posta.unizar.es
Mon Dec 20 14:44:20 UTC 2004

Hello people

I wish you could comment two observations I have made arround Fedora in
my first user stages with its man interface:

First,
arriving to Fedora from Windows2000, my old operating system, I have
noticed that at the same screen resolution (1024x768) things are very
different from the point of view of object sizes. Icons, buttons and
panels are too big for my taste at this resolution settings. But I can't
use the next available resolution setting (1152x864) because then fonts
are too small for me. Maybe you can give me a hint about this topic.

The second thing is about screen displacement or shift. I have installed
  Fedora core3 in 6 different computers for now, all six with different
hardware and three different monitor brands, and in all of them the same
thing: the visible screen is shifted to the rigth, so I have to play
with the monitor settings (hardware buttons) to adjust the screen. But
this leads to a problem: I'm still using Windows2000 in some boxes, and
having played with the monitor, the screen appears shifted to the left
for windows...annoying.

Anyway, I'm very happy having met Fedora, and I think we'll always be
together from now. But what do you think about this? Can it be solved?

Best regards!