xorg draw/redraw problem - possible fault tweak in FC3

I previously had a copy of FC2 installed on my machine, but since i
upgraded to FC3 my display dosn't seem to redraw properly.

Basically things don't appear till you mouse over them, and if they
are not active objects they don't appear at all. for example fire fox
has an empty window and when i select the applications menu i get
nothing until i mouse over where it should be.

I have an Aopen motherboard with (what anaconda identifys as) a Intel
810 video card on board.

Any suggestions?

--
Daniel Harrison