Not to whine, but...

Bill Gradwohl bill at ycc.com
Tue Dec 21 01:15:54 UTC 2004

Richard S. Crawford wrote:

>I'm not upset about not receiving any responses, but I am curious: I've
>Googled on this issue until my fingers bleed, and I've found that there
>have been several other people who've experienced similar issues, but I
>have found no solutions to date.  When I browse archives of other lists
>where a similar problem is reported, no responses were offered there
>either.
>
>Is this an insignificant problem?  Or simply so rare that there has been
>no attention paid to it?  Did I ask my question badly and offend someone?

I've installed RH7.1, 7.2, 8, 9, FC1, 2 and 3 on literally hundreds of
boxes, and never had an issue with a NIC. Not once! Never! Therefore I
vote that its a rare problem and not enough people have experience with
your issue.

Why not specify (re-specify?) the hardware you're running as your latest
email provides no details, and I've long since nuked the hundreds of
emails I've gotten from this list prior to a few hours ago. Without
looking at the archives, I'd bet its a laptop. Am I right?

--
Bill Gradwohl
bill at ycc.com
http://www.ycc.com