Re: 802.11b wireless access point

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:09:40 +0000, THUFIR HAWAT <thufir hawat mail com> wrote:
> <http://store.yahoo.com/glob2000/daixt28wiexp.html> shows a D-Link DWL-800AP+ 802.11b Extender/Access Point.
>
> can I use this *instead* of 802.11b network adapter?
>
> thanks,
>
> Thufir

I don't see why not.  You plug a cable into it and your wired LAN
card, set it up to connect to your wireless network, and you shouldn't
need any drivers (assuming your wired lan works just fine).  It has a
web setup interface, so you can configure it.  You might check out the
dlink website for more info on it if you have any doubts about it.
You won't be able to use their windows config software, but I think
the web interface does the same stuff.

Jonathan