Low internet speed

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Tue Dec 21 16:31:35 UTC 2004

I would try these steps in order to attempt to resolve the problem.

a) Install a second Ethernet card and configure it to be the interface
you use to connect to the Internet.

b) Install the nForce binary driver from nVidia.

Also make sure you *do not* have 127.0.0.1 listed as a DNS server,
some ISP's block access to servers other than there own to stop
improperly configured machines from becoming nuisances on there
network.