Fedora 2-3 upgrade with 2.6.9-ac10 SATA fix

Jon manning jrm at compbio.dundee.ac.uk
Tue Dec 21 17:21:12 UTC 2004

Hi to all,

I've until now failed with my FC2-3 upgrade due to the infamous problems
with the deprecated SATA support. Looks like this might be fixed in
2.6.9-ac10, but the images to download are still old, so upgrading in
the boot process still won't work. Can anyone tell me if it is possible
to run the upgrade with this patch applied? I've no clue whatsoever
about kernel recompilation etc, so if this is the only way some pointers
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon