FC3 and Amarok

Bruno Santos bvsantos at hal.min-saude.pt
Tue Dec 21 17:29:39 UTC 2004

Hello all.

i've been using xmms for playing mp3 for a long time.. Now, with FC3 ive
seen amarok and i intend to used it.
but ive done everything and i cant get to make it play mp3. In my work
computer, i can use amarok to play mp3 when choosing the xine engine for
amarok to use, but at home, the only engine i can choose from is
gstreamer. im using gnome as my window manager.
dows anyone have any ideia how can i get amarok to play mp3 with
gstreamer (since it is, i belive, the default engine), or at least, make
the xine engine at my home to be possible to choose ? i dont know what
ive done at work for the xine-engine to apear as a choice... just
installed !!!

cheers and Merry  Christmas
Bruno Santos

--