FC3: Gxine frozen

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Tue Dec 21 17:30:56 UTC 2004

antonio montagnani ha scritto/wrote il giorno/on 21/12/2004 12:24:

> Suddenly gxine froze, I used to listen to Virgin radio (see
> http://www.virginradio.co.uk/thestation/listen/index.html ) by gxine
> when surfing by Firefox, now I am not able to connect any longer.
> System is a FC3 upgraded from FC2.
>
> If I start the gxine package from a terminal I get:
>
> server: trying to connect to already running instance of gxine
> (/home/antoniomontagnani/.gxine/socket)...
> connect: Connessione rifiutata
> server: socket '/home/antoniomontagnani/.gxine/socket' created
>
> This is the list of my installed packages.
>    Package     Class     Description
>    gxine 0.3.3-2.fr     Applications/Multimedia     A GTK based
> frontend for the xine multimedia library.
>    system-config-services 0.8.15-1     Applications/System
> system-config-services is an initscript and xinetd configuration utility
>    xine 0.99.2-1.1.fc3.fr     Applications/Multimedia     Free
> multimedia player
>    xine-lib 1.0.0-0.17.rc8.1.fc3.fr     Applications/Multimedia
> Core library of the xine multimedia player
>
> Any hint?? Tnx for help

Also my system at home doesn't work any longer (and it was working great
untill two-three days ago): exactly same messages.
I have not installed any program but the updates by Redhat.
What has broken my systems (maybe Pam??)???

Once again, if Multimedia is so painful at every upgrade no chance to
overcome Windows!!!!

--

 Antonio M.

 Working with  Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 3