configure error php 5.0.2 fedora core 3

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Dec 21 18:06:07 UTC 2004

Adam Newcomb wrote:
> libidn-devel was not installed, thanks for the catch. Now when I execute
> the same command configure errors with:
> checking whether to enable shmop support... yes
> checking whether to enable simplexml support... yes
> checking whether libxml build works... (cached) yes
> checking for SNMP support... yes, shared
> checking OpenSSL dir for SNMP... no
> checking for snmp_parse_oid in -lnetsnmp... no
> checking for init_snmp in -lnetsnmp... no
> configure: error: SNMP sanity check failed. Please check config.log for
> more information.
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.17295 (%build)
>

> RPM build errors:
>    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.17295 (%build)
>
> I have verified that
>
> net-snmp-devel-5.1.2-11
> net-snmp-5.1.2-11
> net-snmp-libs-5.1.2-11
> net-snmp-utils-5.1.2-11
>
> are installed.  Any other suggestions?

You may have these installed but "configure" isn't finding them. I have:

net-snmp-devel-5.1.2-11
net-snmp-libs-5.1.2-11
net-snmp-5.1.2-11

which between them provide:

/usr/lib/libnetsnmp.so
/usr/lib/libnetsnmp.a
/usr/lib/libnetsnmp.la
/usr/lib/libnetsnmp.so.5
/usr/lib/libnetsnmp.so.5.1.2

The relevant chunk of "configure" output is then:

checking whether to enable shmop support... yes
checking whether to enable simplexml support... yes
checking whether libxml build works... (cached) yes
checking for SNMP support... yes, shared
checking OpenSSL dir for SNMP... no
checking for snmp_parse_oid in -lnetsnmp... yes
checking for init_snmp in -lnetsnmp... yes
checking whether to enable UCD SNMP hack... yes
checking whether to enable soap support... no
checking whether to enable sockets support... yes

and no problems.

Did you change the spec file at all?

What's the output of:

$ rpm -vV net-snmp-libs net-snmp-devel | grep libnetsnmp

Paul.