Re: Re-installing GRUB on FC3

Doncho N. Gunchev wrote:
When I try "grub-install --root-directory=/boot /dev/hde" from the

I think you don't need ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this. AFAIK this is relative to your boot partition (--root-directory).

Alas, even if I run "grub-install /dev/hde", I still get the message below.

Thanks for trying though.

I think I need to figure out a way to either run the installer and have it _only_ install GRUB or to extract the GRUB install it'd use on my system and run that. I know GRUB can be installed correctly and that it works with my config (since the original FC3 install worked and the GRUB boot floppy works now).

This is most frustrating.

pete

command line as root and reboot, I get the following:

GRUB Loading stage1.5.

GRUB loading, please wait...
Error 5