Memory stick on Sony Vaio S260 laptop

Hi;

I just installed Core 3 on a Sony Vaio S260 laptop with a widescreen. The install succeeded without any problems however I cannot figure out how to mount a memory stick via the built-in memory stick slot. I had a Vaio Z series notebook before and it's built-in memory stick slot always registered as /dev/sda1

If I attach an external USB memory card reader to one of the USB ports then I can mount the stick in the reader as /dev/sda1 but I would like to use the onboard memory stick slot.

Any ideas???