gDesklets builds, doesn't run

Brian Mury b.mury at ieee.org
Wed Dec 22 02:44:34 UTC 2004

I'm trying to get gDesklets working. Version 0.32, built from source. It
builds and installs fine, but it won't run. I have no idea what the
error messages mean (they're included below). I've read the installation
instructions, and spent a bunch of time searching the web with no luck.

Any suggestions?

~> gdesklets shell
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/share/gdesklets/plugin/PluginRegistry.py", line 58, in __scan_repository
    module = __import__(f)
  File "/usr/local/share/gdesklets/Controls/URI/__init__.py", line 8, in ?
    import gnome.vfs as gnomevfs
ImportError: No module named vfs
URI in /usr/local/share/gdesklets/Controls/URI is NOT a valid plugin!
/usr/local/share/gdesklets/shell/BookmarkList.py:19: DeprecationWarning: use gtk.ComboBox
  self.__optmenu = gtk.OptionMenu()
Cannot establish connection to daemon: timeout!

~> cat .gdesklets/gdesklets:0.0.log
The log file іs located in /home/bmury/.gdesklets/gdesklets:0.0.log
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/share/gdesklets/gdesklets-daemon", line 177, in ?
    gdesklets_main()
  File "/usr/local/share/gdesklets/gdesklets-daemon", line 164, in gdesklets_main
    from main.Starter import Starter
  File "/usr/local/share/gdesklets/main/Starter.py", line 2, in ?
    from display.Display import Display
  File "/usr/local/share/gdesklets/display/Display.py", line 2, in ?
    from TargetGroup import TargetGroup
  File "/usr/local/share/gdesklets/display/TargetGroup.py", line 2, in ?
    from utils.TilingImage import TilingImage
  File "/usr/local/share/gdesklets/utils/TilingImage.py", line 9, in ?