Fedora on servers

Justin Crabtree crabtrej at otc.edu
Wed Dec 22 14:35:29 UTC 2004

Nick Miller wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>  I am new to the list so I apologize if this has been asked before. I
> was wondering if anyone here has been using fedora in a production
> server environment, specifically web and mail services. I know it is
> bleeding edge but it seems really stable in my experience.
>
> Best Regards,
> Nick

Most of the non-application servers we have built recently have been
Fedora.  Most of the application servers' OSs are determined by what the
vendor supports.  Our LDAP and mail servers are all FC2 or FC3 as well
as a DNS and NTP server and several test servers.  The main reason for
this is the version of Cyrus and Openldap on FC vs RHEL3.  We have had
no stability issues at all.  As others have said, the main issue is the
short lifecycle of Fedora releases.

--
Justin Crabtree
Java Programmer