nVidia related errors after yesterday's SELinux updates?

Kenny Gow kgfedora at swbell.net
Wed Dec 22 16:47:38 UTC 2004

Marc Schwartz wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 09:33 -0500, S. Bandyopadhyay wrote:
>
> snip
>

>>i got exactly the same problems (actually i got them while
>>installing packages, i don't let up2date install
>>packages... do so manually). there were a whole bunch of
>>/sbin/ldconfig errors not all limited to nvidia... some were
>>libasound, other libboost etc. and after a reboot i couldn't
>>login b/c libasound.so.2 was not found etc.
>>
>>with selinux disabled everything worked. with selinux
>>enforcing, the errors multiplied.
>>
>>so i ran
>>
>>/sbin/fixfiles relabel
>>
>>(on the entire file system) after booting into single user
>>mode. i wiped off the /tmp as well (don't think it is
>>necessary) as part of fixfiles
>>
>>then ran /sbin/ldconfig
>>
>>this seems to have fixed the problem.
>

> Yep. Thanks, that fixed the problem.
>
> I did not clean out /tmp, just as an FYI, to see if this was required.
> Seems not.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Marc

I had the same problems with the nVidia driver after yesterday's
updates. So I tried re-installing the 6629 drivers and got the
same errors you listed above. Took me a while to figure out that
it was SELinux related, but was good reason to learn more about
SELinux (since I have it enabled).

The way I got around the problem was to temporarily turn off
SELinux by running

setenforce 0

then I could re-install the nVidia drivers. All works again now.

--Kenny