previous problem sort of resolved

Jim lawrence.jim at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 00:19:36 UTC 2004

i have Core 3 installed   i did a upgrade from core 2
when i update, up2date uses channels from core 2 not 3
now i have some updates which i can't install because of dependancy
problems.   if i change my etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources   file, i'm told
that i need to register with RH to update.  Obvisouly this isn't a
good thing, so  should i do a fresh install keeping  my existing
partitions  or   do i change my above file, and what other files will
i need to change so i don't get the update problems...  in one of my
boot) doesn'y list the latest kernel.   See the post named  "New
kernel but doesn't show  in grub at system boot"
please review my last post to that thread.
--
James Lawrence
NY