[OT] Hard Drive Clicking Noise for Hitachi Mobile Drives

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Thu Dec 23 02:05:15 UTC 2004

This is FYI and so I hope I don't get flamed for this.(yes, I've seen it
happen)

Anyway, if you're an owner of a specific list of Hitachi Mobile Drives,
and you've been experiencing some sort of "clicking" noise, it could
really be the hard-drive firmware.

I only found out today when I checked on DELL's website and found the
firmware update. Seems like IBM also had something like this reported in
ZDnet.

I just flashed my hard Drive (80GB  Hitachi) and I'll monitor to see if
it still clicks.

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on D600 1.4Ghz