Request of procedure to complie the kernel...

Brian Richardson brian at cubik.ca
Thu Dec 23 09:27:15 UTC 2004

Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
> Which one is the right way ?
> Would it become rpm?
> And how about to become a rpm ?
> How to remove the error kernel if failed ?

If you can't answer these questions yourself, you don't need to compile
the kernel. Redhat doesn't provide support for custom-compiled kernels.
Further, all modules you could possibly need have been compiled by
Redhat. As to your USB hard-disk problem, I don't recall seeing the
thread, so maybe I'm asking you to do something you've already done.
Plug in the HD, then post the output of 'dmesg | tail' and 'tail
/var/log/messages'

Brian
--
Brian Richardson