FC3 broke Kmail badly

Jeff Sutherland jeffs at fairwayacademy.org
Thu Dec 23 13:33:23 UTC 2004

I have confirmed this behaviour on an FC3 virgin install and on a FC2 system
that was upgraded to FC3:

In Kmail, when replying to messages that are encrypted, the resultant message
after sending is garbage.  It looks like the MIME separators get munged up
somehow.  Kmail constantly whinges about needing GnuPG 1.9 (a develpment
version) to do S/MIME (a clue, I know, but why can't it just settle for the
stable version of OpenPGP that came with FC3?)  I'm using KDE desktop.
OpenOffice also was fragged, had to remove openoffice-kde... rpm to get it to
work.   I really need encryption to work properly as it has in the past with
kmail, or is this just yet another reason to move to Thunderbird?

Regards,
-Jeff