system gettinng very slow

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Dec 23 14:53:32 UTC 2004

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 04:36:26PM +0530, Muruganandam wrote:
> No sir,
> This is for system speed.applications are opened very slowly.

Please send these questions to the list not just to me.

But in any case, I believe my original suggestion is correct. Having more
memory (RAM) will help speed up application start time. Now, when you run
something, your computer has to swap something else out to disk to make
room, and that can be very slow.

As I suggested before, could you send us the output of the 'top' command?
This will help confirm my theory.