Generic Kernel in FC3

I tried to compile the generic 2.6.9 using the stock config file from FC3 kernel but failed. The reason I want to use a generic kernel is that the Netraverse patch (for Win4Lin) now only applies to generic kernels.

Could anyone who has happily used the generic 2.6.9 kernel with FC3 be kind enough to post his/her experience? Thanx.