Generic Kernel in FC3

Brian Mury b.mury at ieee.org
Thu Dec 23 22:32:13 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-23-12 at 14:24 -0800, Brian Mury wrote:
> I did exactly the same thing, for the same reason (Win4Lin), with no
> problems. I got the 2.6.9 source from kernel.org, applied the Win4Lin
> patches (there are two, plus an optional patch to allow you to turn
> REGPARM on which must normally be turned off in a Win4Lin-enabled
> kernel), copied the Fedora config (config-2.6.9-1.681_FC3) to .config,
> then built and installed normally. Not a single hiccup. I did make a few
> minor changes to the .config, such as optimizing for my hardware,
> turning on AX.25 support, etc, but nothing major.

Oh, just remembered, I did have one problem. Some of the QLogic SCSI
stuff didn't compile. I don't know why - I didn't need it, so I just
turned it off instead of trying to fix it.

Looking under Device Drivers/SCSI device support/SCSI low-level drivers,
I had to turn off all the QLogic ISP2xxx and and ISP6xxx host adapter
family support.

Perhaps that is your problem?