Re: Newbie

Mehdi Bouhalassa wrote:
FORGET IT!!

I FOUND IT!!!

:-DDDD

But that doesn't solve my permissions right...

I'm logged as the only identity available (mine!) which is, by definition, admin, no?

well...the perms for this dir should be: /mnt/windows dr-xr-wr-w root.root

	ls -l /mnt   [ENTER] will show you what the perms are
        for the /mnt/windows dir.

If you're running as root and not a regular, unprivileged user, knock it off! ;) thats a bad thing. After you've got a system installed and setup you should create a user for yourself and only become root when its necessary. i.e. by opening a terminal, "su" to become root, take care of business and then "exit" to become yourself again.

--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."