Moving Mozilla cache to /tmp?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Dec 24 05:22:56 UTC 2004

I'm having trouble understanding why Mozilla and its ilk don't put
their caches in /tmp.  We run a large network with central home
directory servers; any user can log into any machine and see all of
their files, but the majority of people stick to the machine on their
desk.  So essentially every Mozilla cache access is a waste of file
server resources.

Does anyone know if there's an easy way to mass-reconfigure mozilla to
stick the cache directory in some private subdirectory under /tmp?

 - J<