Newbie

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Fri Dec 24 16:57:35 UTC 2004

Mehdi Bouhalassa wrote:
> Jim wrote:
>
>> Applications ---> Internet --> Firefox click and hold the firefox
>> option and drag it top where ever you want   e.g.  the task bar on top
>> or bottom of the desktop
>

> Ok, that's for the version that came with Fedora, but the newer version
> I manually installed cannot be *shortcuted*...

sounds like you installed the tarball from Mozilla.org. open a terminal
and do a whereis for firefox.

	whereis firefox   [ENTER]

That will yield information similar to this:

[mdw1982 at ws1 ~]$ whereis firefox
firefox: /usr/bin/firefox /usr/share/man/man1/firefox.1.gz

In your case you'll see "two" locations given because the tarball
installer typically installs the binaries to
/usr/local/<app_name>/<app_binary>

--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."