Re: How to scan for wifi hotspots?

On Fri, 2004-12-24 at 15:38, Colin Brace wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How does one get online via public wireless access points in cafés and
> so on an ad hoc basis? My laptop is running Core 2; iwconfig and

try

/sbin/iwlist scan

That should list all the APs in the area of your laptop.  If they are
broadcasting their SSIDs it will show those too.

Hope that helps.

Merry Christmas.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid cfl rr com

Hi!  I'm Larry.  This is my brother Bob, and this is my other brother
Jimbo.  We thought you might like to know the names of your assailants.