Can fedora write-mounted NTFS partitions be SMB shared for write?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Sat Dec 25 00:26:10 UTC 2004

Folks,

I have read a number of FAQ's and HOWTO but I have
not found anything that explains how to do what
I want and if write support will work in the setup
fashion I seek.

I have a dual-boot system with win 2000 and fedora FC3
of which I want to have FC3 as my default and I want to
make the NTFS partitions available for writable SMB shares.

As I understand it, the write danger comes in when someone
as a fedora user tries to write into a write-mounted NTFS
partition using the NTFS drivers.  But what is not clear,
is if there is any danger from creating a Samba write-sharing
of a mounted-write NTFS partition via Fedora.

Can anyone give me any pointers, howtos, faqs, advice?

Kind regards,
Dan