Re: uab devices

James McKenzie wrote:

Bob Wooden wrote:

When I insert my usb storage (64Mb pen), I am unable to access it.  I
have been reading about udev and I am a little confused.  Anything usb
inserted yields nothing.  I thought it was a default action for usb
devices inserted to be recognized in a 2.6 kernel?  I am currently dual
booting with another Linux distro (it is also a 2.6 kernel) until I
solve this problem.  If that other distro recognizes my "64Mb pen", why
won't FC3?

Bob:

What happens when you run dmesg after inserting the USB pen device? You should get lines stating that the device was recognized. You might also want to check the /media for the flash directory after inserting the USB pen.

James McKenzie

I was just given an A-Data 512 Mb USB flash drive. Here is what `mount' reports:

/dev/sdc1 on /media/usbdisk type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,sync,noatime,user=rlc)

I can carry a small library on my person now, and then plug it in wherever...

Bob