total newbie to fedora and linux in general...

zomorf zomorf at westnet.com.au
Sun Dec 26 22:08:12 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I have not installed fedora core 3 as of yet but will be i think i'll go
with a dual boot with xp for now.. seperate hd's for both... I read that
fedora3 doesn't read/write a ntfs drive is this planned to be fixed
anytime soon? as ntfs is a much better system then a fat setup... I also
have an os/2 box with hpfs hows does fedora handle this aswell?

What kind of file system does fedora use anyway? Is it better then say
the hpfs system? as I found the hpfs system to be the best so far out of
any i have used... I never have to defrag hpfs and never had any
problems with it so far...

The system dualboot will be a sempron 2400 with 512 meg of ram and
either a 40 gig or larger hd for fedora...

Any other tips on fedora would be nice aswell...

Thanking you in advance...

Lata,
     zomorf
http://badnews.bbs.us