installing more fonts

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Mon Dec 27 14:48:00 UTC 2004

Kristian Poul Herkild wrote:
> Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>>> thanks Jack, but these are postscript fonts.
>>>

>>> Mark
>>>

>> Read the release notes about additional font installation.
>>
>> http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/
>>
>> Alexander
>>

> AFAIK the prodedure for PostScript-fonts equals the procedure for
> TrueType-fonts as well as for OpenType-fonts (whether they are OpenType
> with TrueType-outlines or OpenType with PostScript-outlines).
>
> /herkild

Hi guys,

Thanks for the info. What I did was open Konqueror and I noticed there
was an item labeled "fonts" in the left pane where the filesystem tree
appears. Inside there were two folders, one of which was labeled
"Personal." So, I copied all the font files into this folder and viola!
they're all working and installed now.

--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."