Open links in new tab in Firefox? [SOLVED]

Gustavo Seabra seabra at ksu.edu
Mon Dec 27 21:53:35 UTC 2004

Mariano Draghi wrote:

> Scott Talbot escribió:
>
>>     If you replace the "window" with "tab" so it reads ",new-tab" you
>> won't
>> destroy the current tab, but add a new tab.  I likes it!
>

> But that way you'll override whatever preference you set in Firefox
> through the Preferences dialog (just as today "new-window" does).
> "/usr/bin/firefox" is not a good place to enforce preferences (and
> that's why the current behaviour is considered a bug).

Thats true. Just removing the new-window option seems to be better. You
can set into Firefox Preferences what you want it to do when you click
on a link. In my case, for example, I set it to open the link in a new
tab in the last used window, and it works fine. It doesn't destroy the
current tab.

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department
Kansas State University