Re: Some sites don't work with Firefox (FC3)?

On Monday 27 December 2004 05:34 pm, John Cox wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 17:28:18 -0800, Dave <fedora-user nospam dnsalias org>
wrote:
> > OK, here's an interesting glitch I have no clue about. Several websites I
> > tried today don't like Firefox. Trying to access www.sfbc.com (Science
> > Fiction Book Club), I get "Bad request. Your browser sent a query this
> > server could not understand."  Trying to get to www.woodline.com (router
> > bits), I get just plain "Bad request"

> I just got both with no problem.

Very interesting ... I just found another one.  My bank's web banking page
tells me I must use a browser with javascript enabled ... but javascript IS
enabled. And I can't find anywhere in the preferences how to change which
browser string Firefox returns.

I'm running FC3, no updates. Fresh install. No browser extensions or anything
funky installed yet. On a whim, I enabled popup windows to see if that
affected anything. Nope.

FC3 hates me. My sound card won't work. Shutdown doesn't work. mp3's wouldn't
work. My USB thumbdrive locks up the USB subsystem. One thing at a time,
though ... have to be able to browse ...