Kernel 2.6.10

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Dec 28 13:25:53 UTC 2004

I went to bed w/o sending this, sorry.

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 01:05, Dave Jones wrote:
>On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 01:49:25PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Monday 27 December 2004 11:46, Dave Jones wrote:
> > >
> > >There's a merge to 2.6.10 already in CVS.
> > >I'll do a build sometime in the next few days for rawhide.
> > >FC2/FC3 will stick on 2.6.9 for a while, whilst the rough
> > >edges of 2.6.10 have been polished off.
> > >
> > >  Dave
> >
> > Pay attention to samba things
>
>I wonder if thats the missing part of the security hole fix that
>we carried in the -ac patch on which our 2.6.9 kernels were based.
>It'll likely go out with 2.6.10-acX when I get around to building
>it anyway, so if that is the case, we'll pick that bit back up.
>
> > , and to amanda things in 2.6.10 Dave,
>
>That I hadn't heard about. Make sure upstream (linux-kernel)
>hears about these problems too. Unheard problems go unfixed.
>
>  Dave

Humm, cancel my thoughts that amanda might be ok, I am in the middle
of the run, and amstatus says the estimates are missing for this
machine, and I have 2 amandad's showing in an htop report, one with
the telltale Z label in its status column.  So I've missed 2 backups
in a row on this box.  Damn!
--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)