Some sites don't work with Firefox (FC3)?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Dec 28 13:48:32 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 28.12.2004 schrieb Travis Fraser um 14:30:

> I remember reading somewhere on this list that for AMD cpu, the kernel
> boot argument acpi=ht is equivalent to acpi=off.

> Travis Fraser <travis at snowpatch.net>

Not really equivalent.

$ egrep -i 'ACPI|HT'
/usr/src/linux-2.6.9-1.6_FC2/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt
        modprobe usbcore blinkenlights=1
        usbcore.blinkenlights=1
        ACPI    ACPI support is enabled.
        acpi=           [HW,ACPI] Advanced Configuration and Power
Interface
                        Format: { force | off | ht | strict }
                        force -- enable ACPI if default was off
                        off -- disable ACPI if default was on
                        noirq -- do not use ACPI for IRQ routing
                        ht -- run only enough ACPI to enable Hyper
Threading
                                strictly ACPI specification compliant.
                        See also Documentation/pm.txt, pci=noacpi

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 14:47:24 up 5 days, 16:31, load average: 0.21, 0.13, 0.10