Experiences with JVC Camcorder.....

Has anyone had any experience in getting a JVC Camcorder to connect with
Fedora? I am trying to connect a JVC Camcorder to FC3 and I dont know
where/what program to use to view the Still Photos and/or the video
contained on the camera - let alone downloading to the computer.....

JVC is a very *windows* company apparently... Nothing on their site
about Linux...

Anyone have any suggestions?

WPH