Experiences with JVC Camcorder.....

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Tue Dec 28 17:30:37 UTC 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004, William Hewitt wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience in getting a JVC Camcorder to connect with
> Fedora? I am trying to connect a JVC Camcorder to FC3 and I dont know
> where/what program to use to view the Still Photos and/or the video
> contained on the camera - let alone downloading to the computer.....
>
> JVC is a very *windows* company apparently... Nothing on their site
> about Linux...

all dv camcorders should have an iee1394 port (6 pin or 4 pin) with the
appropriate cable and an ieee1394 card or port on your computer it's a
question of using dvgrab to offload video from the camcorder. ieee1394
video transport is standardized and in general agnostic about what kind of
hardware you use.

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu