phpMyAdmin gotcha for MySQL 4 users

Remi Collet liste at famillecollet.com
Tue Dec 28 18:23:28 UTC 2004

Kenneth Porter a écrit :
> I upgraded PHP on my Fedora Linux server to 4.3.10 due to the recent
> security issue and phpMyAdmin stopped working. I realized after lots of
> debugging that I'd previously custom-compiled PHP to match my custom
> upgrade of MySQL to 4.1.7 from Fedora's development branch. When I let
> yum install the pre-built PHP update binary, it had the old MySQL
> libraries so it couldn't talk to the newer MySQL with the different
> character set support.

I think, if you want to work with devel package, you should use the
mysql-*-4.1.7 and mysqlclient10-3.23.58-4 (i'm used to 'rebuild' the
i386.rpm from the src.rpm find in devel branch). Rebuild the 2 and
install all the RPM at the same time (because of dependencies)

The first provide the libmysqlclient.so.14 and the second provide
libmysqlclient.so.10 use by other "official" packages (perl-DBI and
php-mysql for example).

Remi.