R: Audio on FC3

Wayne Leutwyler wayne-leutwyler at columbus.rr.com
Wed Dec 29 15:25:55 UTC 2004

Piero wrote:
> [...]
There is a sound issue with the intel i810 sound cards. On some
PC/Laptops the intel sound card will be detected, but the sound will not
play. If you do a lsmod it will show the sound card modules loaded.
There is a simple work around for this.

    1. Patch your system up to current levels.
    2. Edit the /etc/hotplug/blacklist and add this to end of file:
     snd-intel8x0m
    3. Reboot your system. run alsamixer to check the sound levels.
    4. This should solve the missing sound.

--
Wayne Leutwyler - CNA, RHCT
http://linux.is-a-geek.net