Re: Xine - What is needed to view DVD's?

rab nauticom net wrote:

I have xine installed along with xine-lib, libdvdcss, libdvdnav (I may not
remember the names exactly). Yet I cannot get xine to play dvds.

Start xine from a command line. Right click on the xine window, which will pop up the Xine control panel if it isn't showing. Click on the "DVD" button to select that source, then click Play. What messages do you get in the command window if it doesn't play? I've got the same software as you do, I think, and can play DVDs with no trouble.