Re: FC2 to FC3 and no cdrom

Dave,

In FC3 the folder containing cdrom is named "/media/cdrom" check if your CD are being mounted there when you do it manually.

Alfonso Ramírez B.
Bogotá, Colombia.

Dave Stevens wrote:
I upgraded to FC3 and have now no automount of the cdrom device. Is this
documented?

[dave athlon ~]$ uname -a
Linux athlon.lissieshouse 2.6.6-1.435.2.3 #1 Thu Jul 1 08:25:29 EDT 2004 i686
athlon i386 GNU/Linux

[dave athlon ~]$ cat /etc/fstab
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hda3               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/hdc1               /home                   ext3    defaults        1 1
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf,iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

So it seems to be there, but when I insert a known good cdrom I get zero
contents until after I manually mount it. I got automount in FC2. No hardware
changes, CD is cabled and jumpered as primary slave (hdb).

Ideas?

Thanks,

Dave