FC2 to FC3 and no cdrom

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Dec 30 01:21:58 UTC 2004

Dave Stevens wrote:
> no subdirectories in /media. however I manually mounted it in /mnt
> at /mnt/cdrom. I have now unmounted it, ejected the disc, reloaded the disc
> and have no cd mounted at either /media or /mnt/cdrom

Double check your preferences for removable media.  If you're using
Gnome, "Fedora Icon->Preferences->Removable Storage" and verify you
have the "Mount removable media when inserted" box checked.  I don't
use KDE, so I'm not sure where that's located there.
-           This message printed using recycled bandwidth            -