Advice needed: Where do I start with development (RAD) with DB access

Anthony E. Greene tony at greene-family.org
Thu Dec 30 02:49:46 UTC 2004

On 29-Dec-2004/19:58 -0500, Chris Ruprecht <chrisr at ruprecht.org> wrote:

>My requirements are:
>1. Must run under Linux (GNOME/KDE)
>2. Must be able to get it compiled somehow to run under Windows (I know,
>I don't like it either)
>3. Must be RAD (Rapid Development Environment)
>4. Must be able to interact with a PostgreSQL database over the net

What about a Web app with some Javascript thrown in?

If you can control the client platform, you can do a lot with XUL and
Mozilla-based browsers.

OpenOffice scripting has been used by some people to create graphical apps
using ODBC for data access. I don't think the language is very weel
documented though.

Tony
--
Anthony E. Greene <mailto:Anthony%20E.%20Greene%20%3Ctony at greene-family.org%3E>