Help with installation.

Being a newbie to Linux, I am attempting to install Fedora from CD’s supplied with ht book “Official Fedora Companion” onto an AMD K6/200 with 256MB RAM; 1x2.1GB and 1x40GB (only 20GB of which is recognized). I am encountering 2 error messages:

  1. “/dev/hdb is inconsistent …. Linux detected BIOS geometry incorrectly … Using LBA is recommended.”  Both hard drives are in BIOS as LBA.

  1. “You are trying to install on a machine which is not supported by this release of Fedora Core”

These CD’s installed successfully onto a PII with 64MB RAM, but ran slowly.  Are these messages related, or is the AMD platform a problem?  Where should I go from here?

Simon