SATA support in Fedora core

Hi,
I tried installing RHLinux 9.0 on my system which has latest Seagate harddrive with SATA technology. The installation does not proceed further after some initial steps and reports that there are no hard discs attached to my system.

Would it help to try installing Fedora Core 3 for my system. It has Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz with HT support.

Regards
J S Kumar

Do you Yahoo!?