VNC and fc3

Eucke euckew at sierraelectronics.com
Thu Dec 30 17:09:50 UTC 2004

Scott Ward wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have VNC Server running as a service on Fedora Core 3 and I have
> opened TCP port 5901 on the Linux firewall. From my WinXP laptop I am
> able to log in to the VNC Server, but then I just get a blank screen...
> nothing more. HELP!
>
> Thanks,
> ...Scott

Hey Scott,

Sounds like you're hitting your first xorg vnc configuration.  You will
need to checkout a file called /root/.vnc/xstartup and comment out
everything except the line that invokes the session you want.  Also, you
may want to look into adjusting your ssh session resolution.  Holler
back if you need help but just doing a search on your system vnc* should
help you find that config file.

-Eucke