Re: yum horror

On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 18:23 +0100, Marcel Janssen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When trying yum with ATrpms, I find that dependencies get not resolved and
> this makes yum almost unusable.
>
> Is there a fix ?

    Don't take this wrong, but yeah.

    rpm -ve --nodeps `rpm -vq | grep AT` (remove all "AT" rpms)
    yum --disablerepo atrpms update  (update)

    There's been many an argument over what is, and is not needed to fix
that repo, and I've been right where you are...which is why I just don't
use it anymore.  Google the wars and rumors of wars...but don't bother.

    The "AT" there might be lower case, instead...you get the idea.

Brian FahrlÃnder                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller