Re: VNC and fc3

That took care of it - thanks! One last thing... how do I change the default screen size/resolution?

O'Neill, Donald (US - Deerfield) wrote:

This is a easy one..

Replace the line -> tvm &

For a KDE desktop;

startkde &

For Gnome desktop;

gnome-session &

www.linuxtech.cc

-----Original Message----- From: fedora-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Scott Ward Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 11:48 AM To: For users of Fedora Core releases Subject: Re: VNC and fc3

Eucke - Below are the contents of my xstartup file. I didn't see anything specific to my user session. One thing I did notice, however, is that the script references "/etc/vnc/xstartup" which doesn't exist! In fact, there is no vnc directory under /etc.

#!/bin/sh

# Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
unset SESSION_MANAGER
exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

[ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
vncconfig -iconic &
xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
twm &

Eucke wrote:

Scott Ward wrote:

Hello,

I have VNC Server running as a service on Fedora Core 3 and I have
opened TCP port 5901 on the Linux firewall. From my WinXP laptop I am
able to log in to the VNC Server, but then I just get a blank

screen...

nothing more. HELP!

Thanks,
...Scott

Hey Scott,

Sounds like you're hitting your first xorg vnc configuration. You will need to checkout a file called /root/.vnc/xstartup and comment out everything except the line that invokes the session you want. Also, you may want to look into adjusting your ssh session resolution. Holler back if you need help but just doing a search on your system vnc* should help you find that config file.

-Eucke