Re: question about ssh

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 09:19:35PM +0800, chi wrote:
> i discover sometime there is a people try to login my sshd server in my
> home , he try many time.
> is there exist something protect my computer?
> for example, can sshd do if a ip try to login fail 5 time in certain
> period. then it block it?

My recommended approach would be to block *all* incoming connections to
sshd via either /etc/hosts.deny or via iptables.  Then, add only those
hosts or subnets who you know need incoming access.  In my case, I allow
incoming access from my office subnet and from a trusted colleague but
everybody else is blocked.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA